Syracuse Students: Apply for 2018 Ambassadorship with Internship at W2O Group
Apply for W2O Center for Social Commerce 2018 Ambassadorship with Summer Internship at W2O Group
Immersive experience for rising leaders and high achievers
The W2O Center for Social Commerce (CSC), a collaborative industry-academic partnership program based at Syracuse, seeks two outstanding SU undergraduate students to serve as our 2018 Student Ambassadors. This unique opportunity includes a paid summer internship at W2O Group’s NYC office, with a housing stipend, and an all-expense paid trip to Austin, TX during the SXSW Interactive Conference.
Read on for details about the program and application instructions. Apply by 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, January 22 via Lever portal.
What are the perks?
- A full-time, paid summer internship in NYC at W2O Group, a fast-growing marketing-communications firm driven by insight integration to give brands an unfair advantage (learn more about W2O Group’s culture and careers here).
- Housing stipend to cover summer accommodations in NYC.
- An all-expense-paid trip to SXSW Interactive conference in Austin, TX from 12-15, 2018, where Ambassadors will attend a Digital Summit and networking events hosted by W2O Group.
- Invaluable leadership experience.
- Professional networking opportunities with W2O Group executives and employees and Syracuse faculty.
- Examples of professional work for personal portfolio.
- Official designation and public recognition as a CSC Ambassador.
What do CSC Ambassador responsibilities include?
As an Ambassador, you’ll serve as a representative of the CSC from February-December 2018, working closely with W2O staff and CSC Co-Directors on a variety of projects, including:
- Supporting client-facing work across a variety of verticals (i.e., healthcare, technology, manufacturing) during summer internship at W2O Group, including media monitoring/outreach, content development, research and more.
- Managing CSC social media and developing blog posts/multimedia content for CSC website.
- Leading promotional initiatives and supporting hands-on event logistics for Spring 2018 Social Commerce Days and other CSC programs at Syracuse.
- Serving as part of the Newhouse team hosting visiting communications executives on campus for Social Commerce Days events.
- Spearheading original research and thought leadership pieces.
Who is eligible?
- Qualified Syracuse University sophomores, juniors, or seniors who will be on campus for the spring and fall 2018 semesters may apply.
- While all majors are considered, we especially value students with a background/interest in public relations, communications, marketing, and/or information studies.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0.
How do I apply?
- Application deadline: January 22, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Please submit resume and cover letter via Lever portal. Upload resume where indicated, and input cover letter text within “Additional Information” field.