W2O Affiliate Internship
The Center for Social Commerce (CSC) is pleased to announce a new, exclusive opportunity open to current Syracuse University students.
About the W2O Affiliate Internship
- This unique internship program will offer up to two Syracuse University/ Newhouse School students with the opportunity to gain both agency and in-house communications experience in one summer.
- The selected student(s) will spend four weeks working alongside leaders in analytics and healthcare at the Minneapolis office of W2O Group, an integrated marketing and communications agency, followed by four weeks collaborating with communications leaders at the Minneapolis office of Medtronic, one of the world’s largest medical technology, services and solutions companies.
Highlights of being selected as a W2O Affiliate Intern include:
- A full-time, eight-week internship with a growing, innovative agency and one of its premier clients.
- Hourly compensation during both phases of the internship.
- Transportation to/from Minneapolis, a vibrant, Midwest metropolis, from anywhere in the continental U.S.
- A housing stipend to support summer accommodations in Minneapolis.
- Professional networking opportunities with W2O Group executives and employees, as well as interaction with, and supervision, by a senior-level corporate communicator.
- Invaluable opportunity to build a portfolio of work materials, based in corporate communications and agency client service.
- Opportunities to explore cutting-edge trends, technologies, and techniques in the fields of public relations, communications and marketing. An emphasis will be placed on learning how Data and Analytics are re-shaping these disciplines.
- Syracuse University juniors, seniors or graduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of application can apply. (Students in Newhouse, Whitman and The School of Information Studies are especially encouraged to apply.)
- Applicants must possess strong written and oral communications skills.
- Applicants must be able to work full-time in Minneapolis, MN from June 13 through August 12, 2016.
How to Apply
- Deadline to apply is Friday, March 18, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Submit the following materials via our Jobvite link (http://bit.ly/1QnGXGU):
- Cover letter outlining why this opportunity is of interest and how it might advance the student’s career
- Current resume
- 3-5 samples of writing that show proficiency in public relations, journalism, and digital and social media (these can be classroom assignments and/or work produced during internships) (submit as ‘attachment’ via the Jobvite link above) – Writing samples can be uploaded within the ‘Attachments’ section of the Jobvite
- Additionally, submit one letter of recommendation (preferably from a professor or internship sponsor who is familiar with the candidate’s communications skills). The letter of recommendation can be uploaded within the ‘Attachments’ section of the Jobvite, OR submitted directly to W2O Group Talent Acquisition Associate Taylar Haney (email@example.com). Please use subject line ‘[Candidate Name] – W2O Affiliate Internship Letter of Recommendation’
- Questions? Contact Professor Maria Russell, CSC co-director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Minneapolis, home to more than 400,000 people, is an exciting Midwest city. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area is home to 19 Fortune 500 companies and features a blend of natural beauty and urban sophistication. Its vibrant culture includes a growing restaurant scene, several professional sports teams, boat tours, craft breweries and historical architecture. Ranked one of America’s Top Cities by Travel + Leisure magazine, Minneapolis is an ideal destination for young professionals.
About W2O Group
Founded and led by Chairman and CEO Jim Weiss, W2O Group is an independent network of complementary marketing, communications, research and development firms focused on integrated business solutions to drive change and growth through “pragmatic disruption” for the world’s leading brands and organizations. W2O Group’s network includes WCG, Twist Mktg, BrewLife and W2O Ventures with 11 offices in the United States and Europe.
Medtronic plc, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, is among the world’s largest medical technology, services and solutions companies – alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world. Medtronic employs more than 85,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in approximately 160 countries. The company is focused on collaborating with stakeholders around the world to take healthcare Further. Together.