Each spring semester, up to four Syracuse University students have the opportunity to join the Center for Social Commerce team as Ambassadors.
Please read below for a brief overview of the program and application process. For more detailed information, please review the Ambassador Guidelines.
What are the perks?
Highlights of being selected as a W2O Group intern and CSC Ambassador include:
- Official designation and public recognition as a CSC Ambassador.
- A premier full-time internship with a growing, innovative agency.
- Hourly compensation during internship.
- A housing stipend to support summer accommodations in NYC.
- An all-expense-paid trip to SXSW Interactive conference in Austin, TX in March, where Ambassadors will attend a Digital Summit and networking events hosted by W2O Group. Ambassadors will be responsible for sharing updates via social media during events and blogging about their experience.
- Professional networking opportunities with W2O Group executives and employees, as well as frequent interaction with Newhouse/Syracuse University leadership.
- Invaluable leadership experience.
- Opportunities to explore cutting-edge trends, technologies, and techniques in the fields of public relations, communications, and marketing.
- Examples of professional work for personal portfolio
What do CSC Ambassador responsibilities include?
- Manage CSC social media and collaborate with peers to develop blog posts and multimedia content for CSC website.
- Serve as representatives of the CSC and work with CSC directors to implement innovative ideas to build the program.
- Assist with promotion of Social Commerce Days and other CSC programs.
- Work with CSC directors to spearhead unique research projects and thought leadership initiatives.
Who is eligible?
- Qualified sophomores and juniors who will be on campus for the spring and fall 2016 semesters can apply.
- Students with a background in public relations, advertising, communications, marketing or information studies are encouraged to apply.
- Being selected as an Ambassador is contingent on being qualified for an internship at W2O Group.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0.
How do I apply?
- Applications for the 2016 Ambassadorship have closed. Information regarding 2017 the Ambassadorship will be posted in Winter 2016.