Student Ambassador Program
Written by Center for Social Commerce
Published on October 31, 2014
Center for Social Commerce Ambassadorship with Summer Internship at W2O Group
Note: The application deadline for the 2017 Ambassador program has passed. Check back in December 2017 for information about the 2018 Ambassador program.
The CSC is a collaborative program between Syracuse University and W2O Group, an integrated communications and marketing agency. Two qualified SU students will be selected as 2017 CSC Ambassadors. This unique opportunity also includes a paid summer internship at W2O Group’s NYC office, with a housing stipend, as well as an all-expense paid trip to Austin, TX during the SXSW Interactive Conference.
What are the perks?
· Official designation and public recognition as a CSC Ambassador.
· A full-time, paid internship at a growing, innovative agency.
· Housing stipend to cover summer accommodations in NYC.
· An all-expense-paid trip to SXSW Interactive conference in Austin, TX from March 9-11, 2017, where Ambassadors will attend a Digital Summit and networking events hosted by W2O Group.
· Invaluable leadership experience.
· Professional networking opportunities with W2O Group executives and employees and Syracuse faculty.
· Examples of professional work for personal portfolio.
What do CSC Ambassador responsibilities include?
· Serve as an Ambassador from February-December 2017.
· Manage CSC social media and collaborate with peers to develop blog posts and multimedia content for CSC website.
· Develop a research report on a relevant and timely topic for publication via CSC, W2O Group and Syracuse University channels.
· Serve as representatives of the CSC and work with CSC directors to implement innovative ideas to build the program.
· Lead promotional initiatives and support hands-on event logistics for Fall 2017 Social Commerce Days and other CSC programs at Syracuse.
· Work with CSC directors to spearhead unique research projects and thought leadership initiatives.
Who is eligible?
· Qualified Syracuse University sophomores and juniors who will be on campus for the spring and fall 2017 semesters can apply.
· Students with a background in public relations, communications, marketing, or information studies are encouraged to apply.
· Being selected as an Ambassador is contingent on being qualified for an internship at W2O Group.
· Minimum GPA: 3.0.
To learn more about this opportunity, including details on the summer internship with W2O Group, please read the Center for Social Commerce Ambassador Guide.