2020 Ambassador Applications Now Open!
APPLICATION NOW OPEN: W2O Center for Social Commerce – 2020 Ambassadorship with Summer Internship at W2O Group
Open to current Syracuse University undergraduate students
The W2O Center for Social Commerce (CSC), a partnership between Syracuse University and W2O Group, a global, analytics-driven, integrated communications and marketing firm, is seeking standout SU students for its 2020 Student Ambassador opportunity. Exclusively open to current Syracuse University undergraduate students, the CSC Ambassadorship includes a paid summer internship at W2O Group in New York City and an all-expense-paid trip to Austin, TX during the SXSW Interactive Conference.
What are the perks?
- A full-time, paid summer internship at W2O Group’s NYC office.
- Housing stipend to support summer accommodations.
- Official designation and public recognition as a CSC Ambassador.
- An all-expense-paid trip to SXSW Interactive conference in Austin, TX March 14-17, where Ambassadors will support events hosted by W2O and assist with social media content.
- Professional networking opportunities with W2O Group executives, clients, employees and Syracuse faculty.
- Examples of professional work for personal portfolio.
What do CSC Ambassador responsibilities include?
- Serve as an Ambassador from February-December 2020.
- Manage CSC social media; develop blog posts and multimedia content for CSC website.
- Support research projects around relevant topics.
- Serve as representatives of the CSC; work with CSC directors and W2O staff to implement innovative ideas to build the program.
- Lead promotional initiatives and support hands-on event logistics for spring and fall 2020 Social Commerce Days events on campus.
Who is eligible?
- Qualified Syracuse University sophomores and juniors who will be on campus for the spring and fall 2020 semesters— in particular, successful candidates generally will have an interest/background in public relations, communications, analytics, marketing and/or information studies.
- Note: Selection as an Ambassador is contingent on being qualified for an internship at W2O Group.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0.
How do I apply?
- Application deadline: Friday, January 17 at 11:59 p.m. ET. (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, as received).
- Submit resume and cover letter to W2O Group Human Resources Business Partner Jordyn Kaye (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND to
Newhouse Professor Maria Russell (email@example.com), CSC co-director. Please use subject line “CSC Ambassador Application – [Your Name].”