2019 Ambassadorship with Summer Internship at W2O Group – Application Now Open!
An exclusive opportunity for Syracuse University students
The Center for Social Commerce (CSC) is a collaborative program between Syracuse University and W2O Group, an integrated communications, PR and marketing firm. Two qualified SU students will be selected as 2019 CSC Ambassadors. This unique opportunity also includes a paid summer internship at W2O Group’s NYC office, with a housing stipend, as well as an all-expense paid trip to Austin, TX during the SXSW Interactive Conference.
What are the perks?
- A full-time, paid summer internship at W2O Group.
- Housing stipend to support summer accommodations in NYC.
- Official designation and public recognition as a CSC Ambassador.
- An all-expense-paid trip to SXSW Interactive conference in Austin, TX on March 10-12, where Ambassadors will attend events hosted by W2O Group and support social media content development.
- Professional networking opportunities with W2O Group executives, clients, employees and Syracuse faculty.
- Examples of professional work for personal portfolio.
What do CSC Ambassador responsibilities include?
- Serve as an Ambassador from February-December 2019.
- Manage CSC social media and collaborate with peers to develop blog posts and multimedia content for CSC website.
- Serve as representatives of the CSC and work with CSC directors to implement innovative ideas to build the program.
- Lead promotional initiatives and support hands-on event logistics for spring and fall 2019 Social Commerce Days events on campus.
- Work with CSC directors to spearhead research projects and thought leadership initiatives.
Who is eligible?
- Qualified Syracuse University sophomores and juniors who will be on campus for the spring and fall 2019 semesters— in particular, those with background/interest in public relations, communications, marketing, and/or information studies.
- Note: Selection as an Ambassador is contingent on being qualified for an internship at W2O Group.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0.
How do I apply?
- Application deadline: Monday, January 14 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Submit resume and cover letter to Jordyn Kaye at email@example.com AND to
Newhouse Professor Maria Russell (firstname.lastname@example.org), CSC co-director. Please use subject line “CSC Ambassador Application – [Your Name].”